Tuesday, January 30, 2024

RETIRED AND MOVING TO THE PHILIPPINES - OUR HOUSE IS FINALLY READY FOR THE MARKET

 Hi y'all lovely fellow wanderers.  This week had been fantastic, what with the weather being sunny, warm and just beautiful as it will ever be considering that it is still January.  Now these are my types of days - blue, sunshiny skies and warm temps, perfect for a swing on the porch.

 

We are finally done with the house prepping, we've met with our realtor and today his company photographer is in the house taking pictures and videos in and outside the house.  Tomorrow we are meeting with our realtor again to sign some papers.  We will definitely know then what day our house will be live and on the market.  Part of me is excited but I'm also scared mainly because I worry if the house gets sold in a short time we will need to find a place to rent until June.  But then again I know God's timing is always perfect and He will make a way for us as He always does.  He had carried us through in the past and I trust that He will be with us in this journey.


I remember my dad's artwork at my grandparents' church in the Philippines.  He painted an open scroll across the worship center's wall and in it is the verse from Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."  That is how I memorized that verse at a tender age of 7 because every time we go to church that's what I see.  When I married Michael and moved to the States, I always repeat that verse.  One year I went back to the Philippines for a visit with our two boys.  My grandparents have been gone a long time by then so I didn't go to visit that old church anymore.  But when we went to my folks' church, I saw that same verse plastered across the wall of the worship center of this new church where my parents attended.  Yes, things and circumstances may change but one thing is certain, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.  I know when the house gets sold we will become homeless, LOL.  But hey, God will have a place prepared for us by then for certain because that's just the way He is.  He has provided in the past and he will provide for us presently and in the future.


We give you a tour of our house after the photographer leaves and might as well listen to me and Michael banter at the front porch while waiting for the photographer to finish what he needs to do.  You may watch it here: 


Thank you all for following us in this journey.  We love you and hope you enjoy today's content.  May God keep us and bless us in His care


1 comment:

  1. Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever." has been a dear verse to me since I was a little girl. I know He will have a place for us until June if the house sell sooner. He had been our provider in the past, today and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...