Tuesday, February 18, 2020

BEAUTY IN THE DEAD OF WINTER



Having returned from the Philippines 2 years ago, I detest having to go through cold winters again.  Don't get me wrong, I love it when it snows.  Have you stepped outside when the snow fall and just listen around you?  I love the stillness and the peace it evokes, it's like I am in dreamland.  There's a certain feeling that wells inside me when snow starts falling down.  It has the power to mute the hustle and bustle of life.  It's almost like I can hear God whispering in my ear.

When it snowed last week I was captivated by the beauty it brought to my surroundings.  I loved seeing the trees laden with snow and not only that, the beauty of pure white that covered and outlined every lines and curves around us.   So I decided to take photos of some of the favorite spots in Lake Shawnee.  Here's some of the spots in the dead of winter...still breathtaking as it is during the summer months when they are covered with color.
















So there.  I have more pictures but I should stop now.  Don't you agree that there's beauty in the dead of winter even if it's brrrrrrr.

I still miss the beach though, :-)...............love you all.  Thanks for following.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...