Friday, September 1, 2023

CHRONICLES OF OUR PRE-RETIREMENT - Episode 6

 OUR OLDEST SON WANTS TO BECOME A DUAL CITIZEN (US/PHILIPPINES)

Good morning dear people.  I pray you all had a great August and survived the heat wave that swept across America.  Today we turn another page of our calendar - can you believe it's September already?  I tell myself that this month will go fast just by looking at our calendar which is already full.  And we like it that way because it will speed up the days as we check off whatever it is we have for September.  Today also I tell Michael, "Four months to go and we will begin another season of our lives under God's amazing plan for us in our retirement years.  Hang in there darling, before you know it it will be here."

Now the reason I tell him that is because he tells me almost everyday that the closer he is to retirement, the more he realize that he really didn't care much for people at work who don't have the initiative to get things done nor have the critical thinking to perform their jobs.  I think a person tends to feel that way once you hit a certain age - you lost your patience along the way, and you just have to teach yourself to "let it go."  And it must be getting worse every day because when I ask him how his day been when he gets home, he will just tell me "I don't want to talk about it."  Ohhh...so okay then :)

On a different note, our oldest son expressed interest in applying for a dual citizenship.  He has plans to do some mission work in the Philippines in the near future.   So he thinks having a dual citizenship will allow him to come and go anytime.  And being a dual citizen allows him the opportunity to buy a property in the Philippines as well.  He needs a home base while there, preferably close to the airports to allow him to travel to different places/islands.  He loves the urban vibes that's why he's looking at living in Tagig City in Manila.  He had been looking at condos in McKinley Park West in #BGC Taguig.  

So here I am gathering all the paper works needed for him to become a dual citizen.  He was born before I became a naturalized citizen of the USA so technically he is automatically a dual citizen.  Except for one thing: I didn't report his birth with the Philippine Embassy (I didn't know I had to until recently).  So I need to file a Delayed Report of Birth with the Philippine Consulate General in Chicago.  Well since he is now of age, he will file it for himself but I have to get all the documentations for him.  I made a video about this and published it in our You Tube channel.  You can watch it below if you want and while you're at it, would you hit the subscribe and like button?  Please?



We are four months away from retirement and these last four months will go fast because we will be busy with all kinds of JJ's school activities, sports and church events, not to mention the holidays just around the corner.  JJ is doing well with his Rosetta Stone lessons in Pilipino and Michael is doing well with his practice in speaking the Visayan language.  He found two books on Visayan language and he said that it helps a lot to be able to read the words instead of just listening and repeating them.

Me?  I'm still working on getting rid of my eBay "stuff" in the basement.  I'm making progress though.  We're just doing what we can slowly but consistently and then I will be painting the basement once I clear things out.  I did found out we need to replace 2 panels in the basement because of water damage from 2 years ago.  Mike was able to fix the problem and we didn't have any leakage since then but the walls on the far corner of the basement has some water damage.  That's the only issue I've found so far.

So...off to more clearing I go.  I thank you all for watching and following our journey.  May the Lord Almighty bless you and keep you in all your comings and goings...for in Him alone do we live and breath.  SHALOM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...