Saturday, September 30, 2023

CHRONICLES OF OUR PRE-RETIREMENT - Epi. 7

PLAN WELL WHEN YOU PLAN TO RETIRE TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hi y'all!!  Things are getting hectic in the Smith's household with JJ involved in Upward Soccer this season.  On top of that my camera quit on me so I need to procure a new one and of course with that comes the "learning" the new gadget period.  I don't like the learning process - it's a hit and miss - but it is what it is.   Yet today I still haven't figured out some of the new features of the camera so I decided to film using my phone this time.

So I have been keeping abreast of what's going on in the immigration aspect in the Philippines as that is what everyone should do if one plans to travel anywhere abroad.  The Philippine government has lifted the Covid 19 travel restrictions in July of this year.  Meaning, no more Covid testing required, no more registering to OneHealthPass, no more vaccination cards required, no more 7 or 10 days quarantine not even travel insurance.

What is new though is the eTravel registration and here's the link to that: https://etravel.gov.ph/ the Philippine One-Stop Electronic Travel Declaration System.  You are required to register within 72 hours of your departure.  I imagine you can print out something to bring with you just like the OneHealthPass once you finish registering.  If you are like me I will print that out and have it handy along with my tickets and passport.  Immigration might or might not ask you for it but better to have it just in case.

Another thing that's new for travelers whose plane lands on terminal 1 at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport is the online registration of Declaration Form before your flight.  Again just do it for a smooth immigration exit.  Here's the link: https://customs.gov.ph/customs-declaration-form/

Travel insurance is not required anymore but if you are a foreigner who will travel to the Philippines for a short visit, I would recommend getting one for peace of mind but of course that is totally up to you.  When JJ and I travelled back to the Philippines JJ was required to have travel insurance coverage so I got him one from Safety Wing which was not expensive.  Here's the link if you want to get a coverage; https://safetywing.com/

So far, that's all I know regarding what Philippine immigration requires of every traveler planning to enter the Philippines but of course I will keep monitoring changes and new laws as our travel date gets closer.  



I appreciate you following us along on this new journey.  May God bless and keep us in our comings and goings for in Him alone do we live and breath.  Until next time....SHALOM!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...