Friday, March 6, 2020

A WONDERFUL GOOD PROBLEM, AIN"T SO?

Some of you know that Mike and I started a children's Saturday Feeding and Art Program ministry during our stay in the Philippines.  We left it in the care of our Pastor and his wife with the promise that we will continue to support it financially which we have been faithfully doing.  The attendance has its valleys and peaks and some of the children are now teenagers and they have stopped coming.  Still Pastor Teddy and his wife, Deborah along with the few energetic ladies continued to minister to the children who come every Saturday.

Because the place where we used to meet has not been repaired yet, they started meeting at the church.  Below is the picture that was sent to me last summer.  Here's Pastor Ted giving them the Bible lesson before the feeding starts:




Today, March 2, I received a message from them wondering if it would be possible to up the financial support that we send each month.  I learned that attendance is growing, almost doubled.  They now serve children from 3 different Barangays or District.  We started with children from our neighborhood and children from Barangay Nasa and now I learned that there are children from Barangay Canipaan who regularly attends.  My first reaction was to dance and praise the Lord for bringing more children into the ministry.  Just imagine how many household will eventually hear the Gospel through these children?  How many will come to know the Lord and how many will we meet in heaven at the end of the age?  I am so elated I couldn't keep it to myself so I'm sharing it with you all.

Think of a one room church overflowing with children on Saturdays eager to hear the Word. I can't wait to go back and visit them.  And well, yes, isn't this a wonderful problem to have?  I'm going to make and sell more tocino so I can send them the financial support, hahaha.  I used to send them $50 a month, now I need to send $100 every month for they have multiplied, indeed!  HalleluYah!


Thank you all for following.  YHWH bless us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...