Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Traveling Owl - Part II

THE TRAVELING OWL

Hello, this is Owl. I call myself the Traveling Owl because I think of all the ceramic owls in the world, I am privileged to be the one who get to travel halfway around the globe. You see, I have been tucked away in my owner's attic in Wichita, Kansas for years, then moved with the family several times without seeing the light of day. Until one day, I was unwrapped in Omaha, Nebraska and was put to service in the upstairs bedroom. My owner have two boys, Joshua and Zachary. The upstairs was one big bedroom where each occupied one end. Boy, was I happy to be able to serve my purpose once again after 20 or so years in the attic! Since then, every time the family moved, I had been lovingly wrapped and unpacked in every new places they moved. Then one day I was wrapped again and placed in between towels in a big box the lady of the house called “Balikbayan box.” I have no idea what a “Balikbayan box” was but hey, I'm going somewhere with their belongings. Although this time, Josh and Zach are not going with us, there is another boy they named JJ, who is going on this trip.



The box I was in was taken to California by an 18-wheeler and then loaded onto a big cargo ship. I think it took 7 months before the box I was in was delivered to Pondol, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte. Then it took another 5 or 6 months before I was unwrapped and put to use. I found out we are now in Talisay, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines, in a new house my owners had built. And I am placed on JJ's bedroom to keep him company during the night. I am enjoying my new life here in the Philippines. It seems it's always sunny here and warm. I noticed my owners are busy with a lot of things. I overheard them talking about pigs and goats. Coconuts and copra and rice, fish and fish pen and it seems like they always like to swim with the fishes at the fish sanctuary. They also talked about exploring the islands.



Well, I think I'd rather have you read their blogs that they share with their followers:

PART II

After being in the Philippines, I was packed again into a suitcase as my owners were moving back to the States.  I was unpacked in Topeka Kansas were my owners were staying with JJ's grandparents.





I was then moved to an apartment where my owners are now living.  Today is too hot for me.  I heard my owner said it "felt like being in an oven," whatever that means.  I'm glad we're going inside where it's cool.


Right now I am placed on top of the lingerie chest "to keep me secure," that's what I heard the lady owner said because she said she's afraid I might get broken if I am placed in JJ's room because sometimes JJ has friends come over and play in his room.  So I am perched atop the lingerie chest in my owners' bedroom where I am safe.



I wonder where my next move will take me because I also overheard them talking about buying a house next year.  Hmmm...I can hardly wait to see.

Thank you for following.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...