Wednesday, November 4, 2015

HI HO THE DAIRY 'O . . . THE FARMER IN THE DELL

OUR “FARM”

We finally found a property that we like, about a mile to the beach, and far from the traffic noise that we despised. We bought it on the 10th of this month and we are still working on transferring the title to my name. It would only be in my name since Michael is an American citizen. Foreigners are not allowed to acquire real estate properties here in the Philippines. They can acquire a house but not the lot where the house sits. Since I have dual citizenship I can enjoy the rights of being a Filipino, such as being able to buy real estate properties, engage in commerce, etc..

It is almost 3,000 square meters land with coconuts and fruit bearing trees on the west side and an un-irrigated rice field on the east. Because it is un-irrigated, it can only be tilled for rice planting once a year and the rest of the year you can plant it with veggies, corn, etc.. The coconuts are harvested every 3 months.

We hired a couple of guys to clear the brushes one day and Michael and I have been going there everyday after JJ leaves for school. I am doing a lot of burning in order to get rid of the dead brushes. It's a good work-out under the morning sun and it feels good to be out there. Michael bought a can of blue spray paint one day and marked some of the coconut trees with KU. It's funny how people who stop by to chat asks me what KU stands for.

Here's some pictures that I took of the property:





And this is where we will build our 2 storey house once the paperwork goes through. Michael had been working on the house plan for a while now.


He already had layouts for where the hogs will be raised, where the chicken coops is going to be and a pen for the goats. We also have a huge space for pineapples and curry root plants. I need to set aside time to research on curry and whether there is a good market for it like ginger root does around here. From March to December, the rice field will be dry so there's that huge place for Michael to plant what he wants. The north side of the property facing the road is where my cake shop will be built and I already have cleared an area beside it to raise exotic orchids because it has shady spots. I already have starters for the orchids and I am slowly collecting stumps for these.

Slowly and patiently we will accomplish our dream and someday, the Lord willing, we will invite you over for a visit.


I feel the need to share with you our life verse when we got married in October 1987: The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” And then when we celebrated our 25th anniversary we claimed this promise from the Lord for another 25 years and this is what that verse says: “I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go...I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” Genesis 28:15

I am just reminded of these promises as we celebrated our 28th last October 10, the day we signed the papers to buy this property. God is faithful, indeed.

Thank you for following us in this journey. Until our next blog, may the Lord pour out His blessings on you and yours. We love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...