Friday, August 4, 2023

CHRONICLES OF OUR PRE-RETIREMENT - Epi. 3

 Hi y'all!!  We turn another page of our calendar and it's August which means we are at the end of summer.  And for us it means we are 5 months or 23 weeks away from when Michael says goodbye to his work to retire.  Actually he keeps pointing out to me that he is not retiring in 5 months but he is quitting his job in 5 months.  And he is right.  He doesn't turn 62 (his target date to retire) until next year but it really doesn't make any difference.  Quitting, retiring, they both means you stop working, right?  So having mentioned that, we will be working on our house to get it ready for the market then, so we would still be working although not for someone else.

Well, I've been dreaming of building a "payag" next to our house in the Philippines.  I wanted to have it built last year when JJ and I were there but since I wasn't sure then when we might be back, I decided against it.  A "payag" by the way is a Filipino term for gazebo, except a "payag" has a place to cook and a place to take naps and it's even used as a place to sleep at night if you have family or friends visiting.  It's also a good place to lounge and hang out during the hot season.  We decided that in our "payag" we will have a sink, a place for cooking/grilling and a place for our "pugon" or earth oven.  The other part of the structure will be open with counter the length of the open space with bar stools so we have a place to eat or enjoy halo-halo on a warm afternoon weekend.

Speaking of halo-halo, we are having one every other night.  If you are curious what it is I made a video while I was making it.  It's so good and very refreshing.  You can watch it below:

  


So there you go lovely people.  I know I'm just rambling here but if you want halo-halo, message me and I will be more than happy to prepare one for you.  Until next time may the Lord keeps us all in His care for in Him alone we live and breath....SHALOM!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...