Saturday, June 20, 2015

SOLD

Our agent came by before supper time last Sunday so we can sign the papers but he didn't really put the "SOLD" sign until the day the whole home inspection was in progress.  There's something about that sign that made my heart skip a beat.  So I just have to share it with you in this blog.




Well, here we are waiting for the buyers' response to the home inspector's report done Thursday.  These guys are professionals at what they do.  From the sewer cam guy from a plumbing company here in town, the mechanical guy hired to look at our water heater, furnace and air conditioning unit to the whole house inspector, who by the way spent almost four hours "inspecting" the house, I'd say our realtor picked the best to get the job done.

Yesterday we received the 20-page report.  Yes, 20 pages long!  Mike asked me after dinner, whether we have to deal with home inspection in the Philippines.  I really don't know.  My father (with the help of his brothers and my grandpa) built the house I grew up in, we moved in when it was done and that was that.  We never moved except when it was time for me to go to college - then I had to move away.   Being away from my homeland for almost 28 years now, I really don't know anything about real estate regulations and such in the Philippines.  If any of you have knowledge about home buying and home inspections in the Philippines, I would appreciate your input.  Thank you.

We have about 7-8 weeks to go before we say our goodbyes to our family, church family, friends and acquaintancesI know Mike and I will truly miss our Sunday school classmates and our Sunday school teacher, Tom Lewis.  Although with today's technology we can still connect and we intend to do that through the class' email prayer connection and social media.

Now I really need to get serious about getting rid of more stuff.  Luckily, we did really well on our first garage sale.  We got rid of a lot of "stuff" and we are determined to clear everything in two to three weeks.

Well, not everything exactly - - - I am also packing some "stuff" to ship to the Philippines in a Balikbayan box.  What is Balikbayan box you asked?  I'll post it in my next blog, so stay tuned - and thanks for the follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...