Monday, March 26, 2018

Life in this Beautiful Island

This rainy season has really taken a toll on every living creature I know on the face of this earth.  Sometimes you get up foolishly thinking it's gonna be a sunny day.  Beautiful sunrise? Check.  Clear skies? Check.  And then all of a sudden out of nowhere comes a huge, grumpy looking dark cloud and hey....here they are a coming.  Yup, just like that!  If you think Kansas' weather is fickle, we beat that 101% guarantee where we are.

I've been under the weather lately (no pun intended) and that's how I felt this morning when I woke up to another rainy morning.  After Judson left for school, I opened the front door to talk to Michael about something.  And while talking to him something caught my eye.  Some of my orchids are/have been blooming and I realized that I have been missing a lot lately.




While doing dishes one day I know I saw a white outline against the dark green desperately peeking from under the avocado leaves.  It's as if it was trying to play Peek-a-Boo with me.  I could barely make it out because the leaves were thick and it was dusk.  Two days later we were doing it again (the wind playfully parting the leaves to reveal the flowers) so I thought I'll check it out and uncover it but soon forgot about it.  So today, after the downpour, the sun came up and stayed for a little while, I decided to take a walk around the property with my camera.  This is the one playing peek-a-boo with me in front of my kitchen window




and this one poor thing has taken the beating from the rain:



And this one I call my "dreamy" Lirio, magnificent and proud and yet so delicate in beauty.  I almost missed all of them but I am glad I didn't.




Psalm 104:24 "Oh Lord what a variety of things you have made! In wisdom you have made them all. The earth is full of your creation."

Love y'all.  Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...