Friday, August 21, 2015

THE FILIPINO WORD FOR WELCOME IS ...... MABUHAY!

MABUHAY MANOR, that is. I found this place while searching for a hotel close to the airport a while back. Since then, this has been my hotel of choice when coming to the Philippines. Nothing fancy, nothing luxurious, just plain, simple and down-to-earth place which fits perfectly for me and my family. When I first checked into this place with JJ in 2012, I felt a sense of kinship, a sense of family and most of all security. And that's what this place is, you are greeted with genuine people, friendly, smiling faces, eager to help and assist from the airport pick-up to the time you check out. I know most of my friends would rather stay at a glitzy, 4- or even 5-star hotels with lush carpeting, magnificent columns and fancy draperies. Well, you wont' find it here...instead you'll find yourself brought back to your ancestral-home-kind-of-feeling when you walk in your room. Unpretentious - that's what I love about this place. Everyone who work here have one thing in common - they all love the Lord! The building is tucked away from busy Roxas Boulevard so you cannot really hear the traffic noise. It is in close proximity to the Heritage Hotel and a few steps away from Baclaran. If you want to experience real life in Manila even for just an hour, just step out of the hotel's entrance and going either direction you will soon find yourself immersed in the daily grind Filipino style. But one of the many reasons I like Mabuhay Manor is their breakfast buffet that opens at 6am every day. If you are planning a trip to the Philippines and this is your first, Filipino breakfast is the best way of introducing yourself to Filipino hospitality and Mabuhay Manor somehow, have mastered that.
The smiling, friendly faces of the hosts greet you every morning. They have such servant hearts.
There was a JIL retreat going on during our stay so the breakfast buffet was moved to the hotel lobby. Check out for yourself and I'm sure you will agree that staying at Mabuhay Manor gives you a foretaste of what to expect when your first visit the Philippines. Some personal tips to share: 1. Bring some washcloths with you as most hotels do not provide them. 2. If you're like me, I like soft, cushy pillow to sleep on. Mabuhay Manor doesn't have that. They have extra firm and firm pillows but as stated before, I like mine soft so I brought my own. 3. Be prepared to sleep on an extra firm mattress. That is all I can think of right now. Thanks for following my blog and I hope you will share it with your friends too. Until then have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEVEN WEEKS AWAY FROM OUR TRIP BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES

 Hello everybody.  It's been a month since my last entry.  We are seven weeks out and then we are flying to the Philippines to retire, l...